Carrathool Shire Council has a smoke free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The vacant positions that appear on this page are generally also advertised in the Hillston Spectator and the Area News.
Applicants are advised to contact the Human Resources Officer for a position specific Information Pack which contains guidelines on how to apply for positions at the council.
Please visit this page regularly for updates.
Current Positions Vacant
How do I apply for a Council Position?
Download the following:
- Position Description for vacant position
- Position Application Form (PDF) (68.83 KB) (all applications must be accompanied by a completed form)
- Work Experience Application Form (PDF) (41.98 KB)
- Information Sheet for Applicants (PDF) (83.29 KB) (this will give you important information to help you complete your application successfully)
If you have any questions or are unable to download documents, please contact Jacqui Smith, HR/OHS Officer on 02 6965 1900.
What do I need to send in?
- A completed Position Application Form
- Your letter of application addressed to the General Manager
- Response to each of the essential and desirable criteria as detailed in the position description
- Your most recent Resume
- Contact details for at least two work or school related referees
- Copies of all relevant licences, tickets and qualifications
"Council is committed to ensuring that fair procedures are followed for selection and deployment of individuals to meet organisational needs. To eliminate any perceived bias or conflict of interest, please do not nominate an existing staff member as your referee. "
Useful links to finding local employment: